Friday, June 22, 2012

Diaper to all-purpose messenger bag





I created this messenger bag with the intent of using it as a diaper bag now and an all purpose bag later after the kiddos are all grown up.  I almost feel guilty keeping this bag for myself...almost.  I am always disappointed at the selection of diaper bags appropriate for baby boys and more disappointed at the price of the few that are actually cute.  So after months of looking and no cute diaper bag to carry I decided to sew one for myself.  I used the tote bag tutorial at kerrimade.blogspot.com to make the bottom portion of the bag.  Then I simply added some metal rings and a long strap to create the messenger style bag.  I also decided to add a key fob and custom cell phone pocket to the interior...hopefully no more digging at the bottom of the bag searching for these items.  And the two outside pockets worked beautifully for carrying baby bottles and should work in the future for water bottles.  I hope you're inspired to make your own one-of-a-kind diaper to all-purpose bag for yourself or a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment