Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bridesmaid gifts


My sister-in-law so thoughtfully asked me to make bridesmaid gifts for her wedding and I happily agreed! The pattern for this phoebe bag yields one very functional purse.  There is an interior pocket and and a magnetic flap closure.  It is the perfect size for everyday use and I have found myself making more and more of these for countless reasons.  The free pattern can be found at artsycraftybabe.typepad.com...just look for the "phoebe bag tutorial".  As with most projects you always seem to have scraps of fabric left over so I decided to accessorize the purses with a tissue cozy and these change wallets.  The tutorial for the wallets can be found at thimbleanna.com.  Though hard to see all the details there is a vinyl pocket for your id to be carried and an elastic pocket on the back.  The zipper opens to a large main pocket to carry any goodies you want.  Lastly, there is a metal clasp so the entire wallet can be attached to your keys.  Two great tutorials which yield a cute purse and wallet set.

No comments:

Post a Comment