Saturday, December 29, 2012

Mario time!



My oldest son celebrated his 4th birthday a few weeks ago and loved his mario themed birthday party.  I crocheted him a mario star and mushroom as a gift.  There are many mario crochet patterns free on the internet but most are more advanced so I decided to tackle the simpler designs.  My husband found a tutorial for a question mark pinata at joyfulwhimsey.wordpress.com.  It was time consuming but unique and fun for the kids to use at the party.  I made a mario hat for the birthday boy and everyone got a chance to wear it when it was their turn to punch the pinata.  Finally,  the mario cupcake cake...I wanted something different than a sheet cake and found this idea at cuteasafox.com. It took some time to create but we were happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment