Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Simple six pocket bag


Better homes and gardens is a great resource for any crafter.  I discovered this tutorial for a bag with exterior pockets at www.bhg.com.  From just glancing at the picture on the website I thought it was a decent sized tote bag.  I started sewing and realized it wasn't a tote bag at all but really a small purse.  That will teach me to reach the finished dimensions before starting a project I guess.  I still think it's a cute purse but was making it for someone who loves tote bags...now I am looking for another tote bag pattern and reading the finished dimensions first!  If you know someone who would love a new purse head over to bhg.com and try this tutorial.  The 6 exterior pockets would be great for stashing all sorts of items...I even thought if I made this bigger it could be a diaper bag or knitting/crocheting bag...lots of possibilities with this tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. If this were larger, it would be great for any woman who carries files, folders, or papers around on a regular basis too! Nice job with this one!

    ReplyDelete