Friday, May 4, 2012

Kindle accessories


I made the patchwork kindle case for my sister-in-law using the tutorial at frizzylizzie.blogspot.com.  I used a soft flannel for the lining to protect the kindle screen from scratches and made the exterior out of quilter's cotton.  An easy pattern to customize for any size kindle or tablet.  I made the solid striped kindle cover using the dimensions of the kindle from amazon and fashioning a cardboard kindle for my template.  I then sewed in some elastic on each corner to secure the kindle in place and quilted the outer cover.  After adding a button and elastic for closure the kindle cover was complete.  Made with home decor weight fabric this is sturdier and heavier than the patchwork kindle case above.  I am going to attempt another kindle cover using the tutorial at cloverandviolet.com.  This tutorial involves a detailed quilted top which I love but also has binding which is not my forte.  It looks like a great tutorial if you're interested in making a unique kindle cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment