Friday, May 25, 2012

Not ugly car trash bags

Using instructions from a book called One yard wonders, I created these two not ugly car trash bags as they're called.  I altered the finished product slightly for cost effectiveness.  The original instructions call for a parachute buckle to be used around the straps.  At around $4 a buckle I decided to substitute Velcro instead.  After finding the home decor fabric on sale at hobby lobby the flowery bag cost a total of $3 to create.  I wasn't as lucky with the other, but since I wanted it to appear more masculine I didn't have as many fabric options.  The striped one still only rang in at $5.  And I'll share a secret with anyone wanting to make these...if you cut the fabric carefully each bag really only takes 1/2 yard of fabric with a bit to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment