Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hooded toddler towel


The basics for making this hooded toddler towel can be found at patches.typepad.com.  There are alot of hooded towel tutorials online but I chose this one because they showed you how to make a rounded hood and finish off the seams using either a serger or a zig zag stitch.  The finished project is very clean and secure.  Having the basics for making the hooded towel you are free to embellish as you choose.  I appliqued my son's name on the back of the towel and put a strip of Buzz Lightyear fabric across the hood.  Since the hooded towel only took half of one hand towel to make the hood I used the other half of the hand towel to make some washcloths.  The first is a simple washcloth with a saturn applique and binding.  The other is double thickness with and handle that will be great to use for hanging in the tub to dry.  When I make one for my other little guy I think I will make a bath mitt putting a simple binding and loop on the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment