Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stacked coin quilted tote


I had wanted to use these fabric scraps that I had hanging around in my scrap bucket for quite some time but couldn't decide what project to use them for.  I finally decided to make a tote with the scraps.  Most of the scrap pieces used were from fat quarters that were used for another project.  I simply cut some 2 x 3 rectangles and pieced them together in the pattern I wanted.  Then I added a strip along the top to complete the front panel.  After quilting the front with a bold brown thread (I wanted the quilting to stand out) I attached a solid back panel for the back of the tote.  I continued the scrappy theme by using different fabrics to create the handles for the tote.  After adding some gussets and a lining the tote was finished.  The finished tote measures around 14 by 12 inches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment