Thursday, March 8, 2012

Simply sweet bag


I was searching and searching one night for a tote bag tutorial that I wanted to make using this fabric.  I came up short and couldn't find anything that I thought would work with this fabric.  I decided to make one all my own.  I made it simple because I thought the fabric could have the tendency to overwhelm the whole bag with the bold print.  I simply created three strips for the front panel, a solid back, lining with an interior pocket and added a small heart applique.  If you were using a print that wasn't so busy I thought it would look great to stitch free hand across the solid strip or add a decorative stitch there.  I decided to add a simple heart applique.  A tutorial on this bag will appear shortly on my blog for those interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment