Friday, March 2, 2012

Tic Tac Toe quilt



My oldest son loves board games, flashcards, puzzles, etc.  So when I came upon this tutorial from sewandsoquilts.blogspot.com I knew it would be the perfect quilt for him.  A quilt he can play tic tac toe on for hours and then curl up with when he's worn out.  This tutorial was featured on www.modabakeshop.com.  I decided to quilt it so that the tic tac toe board would be echoed on the back of the quilt...this way, if he gets tired of one side he can play on the other as well.  In her tutorial she made bean bags for the game pieces.  Since we have a baby in the house I decided to make square coasters instead and iron on an "x" and an "o".  I made 10 coasters in all.  This would be quite a unique gift that any child would be sure to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment